What is Income Protection?
You can now also apply for Income Protection cover even if you have a pre-existing condition(s). Just simply follow the instructions on screen and answer the medical declaration questions when prompted.
Key Benefits of Income Protection
- Apply even if you have a pre-existing medical condition. (Please note: you must declare your conditions and we must agree to cover you.)
- Choose cover up to £2,000 per month.
- Range of Excess periods.
- Easy to pay monthly premiums with no interest added.
- Claims payments made directly to you.
- Straightforward application process.
Before You Buy
Important information before you buy
You are eligible for coverage under this policy if on the policy start date:
- You are aged 18 or over and under 59 years of age;
- You permanently reside and work in the United Kingdom;
- You have been in permanent work for at least 6 months at the policy start date;
- You are actively working and not off work due to an Accident or Sickness;
- You must disclose any Pre-Existing Condition(s). Cover is excluded for Pre-Existing Condition(s) unless your medical information is disclosed to us and we agree to cover you;
- You are seeking protection in the event of Accident, Sickness or Unemployment to the extent covered by this policy.
You are not eligible for cover if:
- You are aware of any impending Unemployment which may affect you;
- You are in casual, seasonal or temporary work;
- You are working less than 16 hours per week;
- You are currently unable to attend work due to an Accident or Sickness (this does not apply if you are on maternity leave, paternity leave, adoption leave or parental leave).
It is important to bring to your attention that the premium you pay may change at your renewal date in the future. The premiums for future years will depend upon the forecasts of costs to the Insurer of settling claims and changes in taxation and inflation. The Insurer will not seek to recover in future years, the costs of any claims already paid out. Changes to your premium will not depend on your individual circumstances but on the cost of overall claims.
YOU MUST CHECK THE POLICY WORDING CAREFULLY, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THE POLICY MEETS YOUR DEMANDS & NEEDS - WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY ADVICE AS TO THE SUITABILITY OF ANY OF THE POLICIES WE OFFER.
How to Claim
In the event you need to make a claim:
- You must give us notice of a claim by telephoning the Claims Administrator on 01285 626032 or email: email@example.com. You should do so as soon as reasonably possible and within 30 days after the end of the waiting period. The Claims Administrator will send you the claim form(s).
- You will need to complete the claim form(s) and return them to the Claims Administrator as soon as reasonably possible, giving us all the information we ask for to enable us to process your claim. This will include, but not be limited to - wage slips, termination letters or notices, your P45, Doctor and Consultant reports and medical records and, if Self Employed, bank statements, invoices and annual accounts, Inland Revenue and National Insurance records.
- You will be responsible for providing us with the proof we need. Delay in submitting a claim to us may make your claim harder to confirm and may lead to delays in making payments or result in the non-payment of your claim.
- The contact details for the Claims Administrator are: Corinium Insurance Services, Trent House, Love Lane, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1XD, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone: 01285 626032. Corinium Insurance Services is a trading style of Trent Services (Administration) Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and entered on its register under number 315285.
- Throughout the period for which the claim is made under this insurance contract, we will require you to provide evidence of continuing to be unable to work due to Accident, Sickness or Unemployment. Benefit will not be paid for any period of Accident, Sickness or Unemployment for which the evidence required by us is not provided.
Pulse Pre-X Protection
Who are Policy Direct?
Policy Direct offers a range of insurance products to its customers. We aim to build simple products that are easy to understand and easy to apply for.
Pulse Insurance Limited is a specialist provider of insurance to groups and individuals.
What is Pulse Pre-X Protection?
Pulse Pre-X Protection offers our customers the opportunity to protect their monthly income against unfortunate incidents such as an accident, illness or unemployment. You can select full accident, sickness and unemployment or simply choose accident & sickness on its own.
You can also apply if you have a pre-existing condition(s) and we will tell you if we are able to provide a quotation based on the information you declare.
Do you cover all pre-existing conditions?
Sadly we cannot cover all pre-existing conditions and sometimes we may not be able to offer you a quote for cover. You can however still apply for cover but your pre-existing conditions will be excluded from cover.
How do I apply for cover?
Applying for cover is simple and straightforward. Simply follow the application process, which will give you a premium quote, request some personal data and ask various questions about your existing health and employment status.
How do I make a claim?
To make a claim, please contact the Claims Administrator on 01285 626032. The address for the Claims Administrator is Corinium Insurance Services, Trent House, Love Lane, Cirencester, GL7 1XD. For more information, please look at the claims section here or refer to your insurance policy document.
How much benefit can I choose to cover myself for?
You can select any amount up to a maximum of £2,000 per month.
How long can I claim for?
You can receive monthly benefits up to a maximum of 12 consecutive months.
Is there a waiting period before I can claim?
Yes, you will need to be off sick/or unemployed for a minimum of 30 days to be eligible to make a claim.
Is there an Excess Period before I can claim?
Yes, in your application you selected an excess period. This is the period at the start of your claim where you cannot be paid a monthly benefit. Please refer to your schedule for confirmation of your excess period.
How can I cancel my policy?
You may cancel your policy during the cooling-off period of 30 days. Any premium that has been collected during this period will be refunded, as long as a claim has not been made. If you cancel after the cooling-off period, no further premium will be collected and no refund of premium will be made.
How do I make a complaint?
We aim to provide a high level of service to all our customers but occasionally things can go wrong. When this happens, we will do everything we can to put things right and assist you. The full complaints procedure can be found in your policy wording. In the first instance, if you have any questions about the policy, please contact the administrator.
Who is the administrator?
The administrator for this policy is Corinium Insurance Services, who can be contacted in the following ways:
Corinium Insurance Services is a trading style of Trent Services (Administration) Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and entered on its register under number 315285.
How do I receive my insurance documents?
Your policy documents will be either posted or emailed to you once your application has been accepted.
How do I receive my monthly benefit?
Monthly benefit payments are made directly to you, payable from the administrator.
Are there any exclusions?
Yes, as with most insurance policies there are various exclusions to be aware of. Please refer to your policy wording to access the full list of exclusions.
What is an initial exclusion period?
An initial exclusion period is a period of time that you cannot make a claim for Unemployment from the start date of your policy. This policy has an initial exclusion period of 120 days following the policy start date.
How long does my policy last for?
Your policy will remain in force as long as you continue to pay monthly premiums. Your policy will be reviewed 12 months after the start date of cover, and then annually thereafter.
Is there a joint cover option?
No, this policy does not offer joint cover. Should you wish for joint cover, both customers must apply separately.
Corinium Insurance Services Complaints
We do our best to provide you with the highest levels of customer service at all times, however should you wish to make a complaint you should do so by contacting us and detailing the nature of your complaint.
Please refer to the 'Complaints' section of your policy wording as this will provide you with the full complaints procedure that is applicable for your policy.
If you remain dissatisfied with our response further details will provided at the appropriate stage of the complaints process.